D-NAIL vs ERRLECTRIC CONCENTRATION STATION
Product Review with CCM's own Tyler and Travis
Today we're gonna be reviewing in our opinion two of the best electronic nails on the market.
I'm gonna be taking a look at the D-Nail, version 1.12.
And I'm gonna be lookin' at the Errlectric Concentration Station.
My D-Nail's gonna be be chillin on the Hot Rod by Hoobs.
Travis: We got Elmo walking on the moon over here with the Morse & Segan Collab
So right away, when we get into the D-Nail, you're gonna see the price is a little bit higher than other nails on the market right now. It's at $650. But, as soon as you get into the box you see why that is.
- This coil, for starters, is made out of a Kevlar material, so It's burn resistant.
- Great for having torches going while this is happening or just protecting it from the coil itself.
- It also... the one thing we noticed was that is removable so that kinda scary.
- ... If you're trying to transfer fuses, be a little bit careful while you're doing that.
- The nail itself is a 20mm head and coil, so it's really large.
- It's great for if you want to take huge dabs, huge globs, whatever.
- There's no way you could do a dab big enough that it's gonna overflow out of that nail.
- The box itself is really good too.
- It has a great display on it.
- Easy to set. Easy to change the temperature. Super nice. Easy to read... all that stuff.
- The warenty on it is 3 years -- that's for the coil and the box. So again just another strong point on nail.
- One place that its me issued a little slow was on the heat up time.
- It took about three minutes and 18 seconds and I think this one might have been a little bit faster so let's find out what's good with that.
Alright, so lookin' at the Errlectric, when we start we look at the coil.
- The coil's wrapped in kind of a rubberier material, so unlike the Kevlar one it's a little sticky. So you have to be careful of it sticking to your table or other pieces, or just stuff on your table when you're picking up your piece.
- The nail itself is actually attached to the coil so you can easily transfer from piece to piece. So you don't have to worry about transferring it.
- One of the cons of that one is that you can't really put any other nails on there. So it's just that one nail that comes on it.
- The box is pretty awesome. It's got a nice setup. There's just the three button right up top to change your heat setting.
- One of the really cool things about this one that I haven't seen on any other ones, is that as auto shut-off.
- So you go anywhere for 20 minutes to 7 hours you can set a time for it to shut off so if you forget... say you go out to dinner or something and you comeback. "Oh my God my E-Nail's been on this whole time!" You don't have to worry about that because it will just shut itself off. We've totally had that happen with the D-Nail, too. We left it on after the store was closed and just got in a little bit of trouble for that. Not something you really want to do, for sure. So the Errlectric will really save you on that one.
- It's really cool, the heat time on this one was only a minute and 46 seconds. So it was a little faster than the D-Nail, which was pretty awesome.
- The other cool part is that it's got the 2-year warranty on the coil and the box. So if anything goes wrong with your coil or your box, they'll replace it within two years of getting it.
Let's try em out!
If you want to see more please let us know by sharing and liking our video!